We're excited to bring you the Winter 2022 edition of the PathLAKE newsletter. In this issue, we focus on PathLAKE's role in digitising NHS labs and developing AI tools.
Prof David Snead, Director of PathLAKE said:
“Having slides in a digital format means we can start to see how computers might help pathologists do their job. Artificial intelligence is being applied to pathology slides, just as in every other walk of life. PathLAKE is at the forefront of developing some of these AI algorithms and aims to provide a data lake of images to help other researchers to do the same. These tools will help provide faster more accurate reports to clinicians, which will help improve outcomes for patients in the future.”
- PathLAKE launches a new animated video for patients and the public: What is computer assisted diagnosis?
- An update on PathLAKE Plus, which aims to deliver digital pathology and AI benefits to over 17 million NHS patients.
- An interview with Prof Emad Rakha about one of the most recent PathLAKE publications: “Current and future applications of artificial intelligence in pathology: a clinical perspective”.
- Recent events, including a conference report from the 8th Digital Pathology and AI Congress: Europe held in London in December.
- Update on the Computational Pathology seminar series hosted by the University of Warwick’s Tissue Image Analytics Centre. Recordings of the talks are now available on YouTube.
Throughout the newsletter there are links to more information, where you can find out more about PathLAKE's work.
Click PathLAKE Winter 2022 to download the newsletter.